Fire Safety Plan
Personnel Designations and Responsibilities
Fire/Life Safety Directors
The Fire/Life Safety Director will be responsible for supervising and monitoring the fire safety program for 750 Canyon and will:
- Be totally familiar with this Fire Safety Plan.
- Organize training per the Fire Safety Plan for:
- Fire Wardens and their team members.
- Engineering personnel.
- Security and maintenance personnel.
- Organize instruction in the Fire Safety Plan and in fire prevention for all tenants.
- Assign and maintain an up-to-date list of Fire Wardens.
- Conduct fire drills and evaluate the effectiveness of the Fire Safety Plan.
- Supervise a sound fire prevention program.
- Conduct regular inspections of all storage rooms, closets, mechanical rooms and office areas to keep them clear of any potential fire hazards.
- Conduct regular inspections of fire and life safety equipment.
- Conduct regular inspections of fire exits to be sure they are passable.
- Maintain current tenant list for use in an emergency.
- By building, floor, suite number.
- Tenant contact (home phone) and alternate contact.
- In the event of a fire, the Fire/Life Safety Director will report to the Fire Department officer in charge.
Building Lead Engineer and Engineering Team
- Maintain up-to-date set of floor plans.
- Maintain up-to-date set of plans and/or diagrams of building mechanical systems.
- Maintain and regularly test building alarm system.
- Maintain and regularly test sprinkler and standpipe systems.
- Know locations of stairwells and exits.
- Know location of and how to use fire-fighting equipment on his/her floor.
- Know the Assistant Fire Wardens and notify those people when away from the building.
- Be responsible for fire prevention on his/her floor.
- Periodically check fire extinguisher for current servicing tag.
- Check area daily for fire hazards.
- Check all exits daily to ensure that they are free of obstructions.
- Maintain an updated list of all handicapped occupants or individuals who will need assistance during an evacuation. This list will also be maintained in the Fire Command Center based on input from the Floor Wardens
- Make all employees aware of this Fire Safety Plan.
- Attend training sessions conducted by the Life Safety Directors and Emergency Action Coordinator.
- Each person working in 750 Canyon should become familiar with all provisions of these emergency procedures and evacuation routes.
- Anytime a fire is discovered, regardless of the size of the fire, the Fire Department must be notified at 911.
- If any part of this Fire Safety Plan is not clear, please call the Fire/Life Safety Director (214-307-8150)