BUILDING RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Landlord will provide and maintain an alphabetical directory board on the ground floor of the Building.
2. Tenant will refer all contractors, contractors' representatives and installation technicians rendering any service to Tenant, to Landlord's supervision, approval, and control before performance of any contractual service. This provision shall apply to all work performed in the Building including the installation of telephones, telegraph equipment, electrical devices, and attachments, and all installations of any nature affecting floors, walls, woodwork, trim, windows, ceilings, equipment or any other physical portion of the Building.
3. Movement in or out of the Building of furniture or office equipment or the dispatch or receipt by Tenant of any merchandise or materials which require the use of elevators or stairways or the movement through Building entrances or lobbies shall be restricted to hours designed by Landlord. All such movement shall be under the supervision of Landlord and shall be performed in the manner agreed upon in writing between Tenant and Landlord before performance. Such agreement initialed by Tenant will include the determination by Landlord, and such movement shall be subject to Landlord's sole decision and control, in regard to the time, method, and routing of movement, limitations imposed by safety or other concerns which may prohibit any article, equipment or any other item from being brought into the Building. Tenant shall assume all risk as to damage to articles moved and injury to persons or public property, and personnel of Landlord if damaged or injured as a result of acts in connection with such service performed for Tenant.
4. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by Landlord, (i) no signs will be allowed in any form on the exterior of the Building or the interior or exterior of windows, (ii) no signs except in uniform location and uniform style fixed by Landlord will be permitted in the public corridors or on corridor doors or entrances to Tenant's space, and (iii) the construction and/or installations of all authorized signs will be contracted for by Landlord for Tenant at the rate fixed by Landlord from time to time and Tenant will be billed and pay for such service promptly on receipt thereof.
5. No portion of Tenant's premises or any other part of the Building shall at any time be used or occupied as sleeping or lodging quarters.
6. Tenant shall not place, install or operate on the Premises or in any part of the Building, any engine, stove, or machinery, or conduct mechanical operations or cook thereon or therein, or place or use in or about the Premises any explosives, gasoline, kerosene, oil, acids, caustics, or any other inflammable, explosive, or hazardous material without written consent of Landlord.
7. Landlord shall not be responsible for lost or stolen personal property, equipment, money or jewelry from Tenant's area or public rooms regardless of whether such loss occurs when such area is locked against entry or not.
8. Landlord will permit entrance to Tenant's office by use of pass keys controlled by Landlord to any person at any time without the prior written permission of Tenant except only employees, contractors, or service personnel directly supervised by Landlord.
9. None of the entries, passages, doors, elevators, elevator doors, hallways, or stairways shall be blocked or obstructed, nor shall any rubbish, litter, trash, or material of any nature be placed emptied or thrown into these areas, nor shall such areas be used at any time except for ingress and egress by Tenant, Tenant's agents, employees, or invitees. No animals (except for guide dogs for sight-impaired persons) of any kind shall be brought or kept in or about the Premises or the Building.
10. Tenant shall not do, or permit anything to be done in or about the Building, or bring or keep anything therein that will in any way increase the rate of fire or other insurance on the Building, or on property kept therein, or obstruct or interfere with the rights of, or otherwise injure or annoy, other tenants, or do anything contrary to or in conflict with valid laws, rules or regulations of any municipal or governmental authority or fire, safety or building authority or regulation.
11. Should a tenant require telegraphic, telephonic, annunciator, or data processing equipment, prior approval of such equipment and such equipment's location by Landlord will be required. Contractors performing installation shall submit plans and receive Landlord's approval on method of installation and will be subject to Landlord's supervision on location and means of making cuts or wiring procedure.
12. Landlord specifically reserves the right to refuse admittance to the Building from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. daily, or on Sundays or legal holidays, to any person who cannot furnish satisfactory identification, or to any person who, for any other reason in the Landlord's judgement, should be denied access to the Premises. Landlord, for the protection of the tenants and their effects, may prescribe hours and intervals during the night, on Sundays and holidays, when all persons entering and departing the Building shall be required to enter their names, the offices to which they are going or from which they are leaving, and the time of entrance or departure in a register provided for that purpose by Landlord.
13. Landlord reserves the right to rescind any of these rules and make such other and further rules and regulations as in Landlord's judgement shall from time to time be needful for the operation thereof, the preservation of good order therein, and the protection and comfort of its tenants, their agents, employees and invitees, which rules when made and notice thereof given to a tenant shall be binding upon Tenant in the manner as if originally prescribed.
14. All lettering and signage appearing on or visible from the exterior of the Premises shall be subject to the prior written approval of Landlord.
15. The normal business hours for the building are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Monday's through Friday's and 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday's exclusive of holidays. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Tenant shall have access to the Premises twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week via a card key access system.
16. The term "holiday" shall include all days on which national banks in the municipality in which the building is located are closed to the general public. This shall include but not be limited to New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
17. Plumbing fixtures and appliances shall be used only for the purposes for which designed, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags, coffee grounds or other unsuitable material shall be thrown or deposited there. Damage resulting to any such fixtures or appliances from misuse by Tenant, shall be paid by Tenant.
18. No deliveries of any nature nor freight, furniture or bulky matter of any description will be received into the Building or carried into the elevators except in such a manner, during such hours and using only the elevator and those passageways as may be approved by Landlord, and then only upon having been scheduled in advance. Andy hand trucks, carryalls or similar appliances used for the delivery or receipt of merchandise, supplies or equipment shall be equipped with rubber tires, side guards and such other safeguards as Landlord shall require.
19. Tenant shall not make or permit any improper, objectionable or unpleasant noises or odors in the Building or otherwise interfere in any way with other Tenants or persons having business with them. No machinery of any kind (other than normal office equipment) shall be operated by Tenant without Landlord's prior written consent.
20. Tenant shall not use, suffer or permit the manufacture, sale or distribution by gift or otherwise of any spirituous, fermented or intoxicating liquors or any drugs. Tenant shall not bring or store fire arms of any kind into the Building. Tenant shall not sue the Building or Premises for the manufacture, distribution or sale of any merchandise or other materials.
21. The Building shall be a no-smoking building, with no smoking allowed in the common areas, Premises or in any exterior entry area of the Building. Smoking will be permitted in an outside area to be designated by Landlord.